Sunday, October 25, 2009

Park And The Pumpkin Patch

As I mentioned yesterday, today was planned as the 'good weather, family outing day' and it sure didn't disappoint!

We kicked off the day with some straight up toy playing in the playroom. Which toy did I choose? All of them, of course.

Then we had a quick lunch of many banana muffins that Mommy made and took a long nap to rest up for a trip to Tyler State Park.

Once we got there, Daddy needed to sneak in some kisses to make it on the long walk. I sure have so much fun when we're together!


I can't keep my belly laughs in any longer. Uncle!


Then, out of nowhere, while Daddy was in the bathroom, hat lady appeared and plopped one on my head. At least she left me with sunglasses to play with.

We had to go a different way from our normal walk because the walkway was flooded out. Before me (there was ever such a thing?) Mommy and Daddy would bust through, but a stroller complicates things a bit. So, we headed down the path less traveled, though it was still loads of fun.
Classic Daddy and me moment.


Me thinks I see a doggie up ahead. Must be quiet and sneak up for some kisses.

Super cute thinkin' going on.



Five speckled frogs sitting on a speckled log. Or just one Samantha.



NO MORE family photos!


Well, just one really good one, if you must.


Mommy pushed her luck by trying to get one of the two of us. Silly Mommy!


In the time we were out it got chilly, which meant the perfect time to don my super cute pink coat. I am just plain cute, I know!


I feel another cute Samantha moment coming on... And I don't disappoint, if I do say so myself.

After getting in my steps for the day it was time to hop back in the car for home. Mommy made a split second decision to stop off at the pumpkin patch, where my pumpkin picking instincts took over.

This way to the perfect pumkin.

It's right here, I just know it. Sort through the second rate pumpkins and find me the perfect pumpkin!

Behold perfection!

Behold perfection, and I think I can just about pick it up myself. Bend with the knees to protect this precious back of mine. That's it...
Bless you, my beloved pumpkin. Now I know how Mommy and Daddy felt the day I was born. I'm going to be the best pumpkin Mommy ever.

Right this way, little one. I'll get you home safe and sound, I promise.

That means having my super Daddy carry us above all the other kiddos rushing around the patch searching for their little bundle of joy.


Whew, did you catch all that we did today? It was out of control fun and I wouldn't have changed a minute of it!

No comments: