Friday, September 12, 2008

And the Yuckies Continue

So, I'm still recovering from the shots and Mommy finally had to call the doctor tonight to make sure my reactions are documented.

Here's the deal- when I had my Hep B last month, I went to sleep at 1pm and slept until 6:30 the next morning. It took me three days to get back to normal and the recovery was lots of sleep and cuddle time, which we all know is not my favorite pasttime. This time I had my two shots and an oral on Wednesday. Went to sleep at 8pm and woke up at 9:30 on Thursday. So far so good as I tend to take my morning nap right after waking up, figuring it's more efficient that way. That's when it got funky... I took another 1.5 hour nap around lunch time and then took a 'nap' at 2pm and slept until 8 THIS MORNING (Friday). Then I napped most of the morning and went down again at 2pm until Mommy woke me up at 6pm and I started to show signs of activity. Mommy called the doctor at 6:30 because I'm due for two more shots this Wednesday to round out the 5 I was supposed to have this last appointment. The doctor said that this amount of sleep is highly unusual but since I'm still eating and don't have a fever above 101 that I get another 24 hours to feel better before having to go back to that place that started all this hoopla.

I think we should wait another week to have more shots. I don't want to be feeling more yuckies when Daddy is out of town.

No comments: