Thursday, September 25, 2008

Verdict is Still Out and Other Updates

So far, so good. I seem to be a lot more alert and happy with this round of shots, though last time it took a day for the full effect to show through. Keep your fingers crossed!

Yippee for new fun- I forgot to tell you that I met a new boy yesterday at our Wednesday group. Older man Dylan took a liking to me and grabbed my hands and arms. He really liked grabbing my face and only words of caution I heard were "not the eyes!". When I started to perform my signature dainty cries Mommy put my pacifier in. Dylan thought that was the coolest thing because he reached over as swiftly as an eight-month-old can and snatched it right out of my mouth. The nerve to engage in petty theft right in front of the parents! And their reaction? Pure laughter. What has this world come to?


I've also been grabbing at things and putting them in my mouth for the past week. One day I WILL put the entire receiving blanket in my mouth! Anything that doesn't fit in my mouth is branded "Samantha" with 100% Burt drool.

Migration habits- I can now navigate the entire length and width of my crib while sleeping just to jam my scrunched up legs against the crib slats. How's that for muti-tasking?
I'm trying to roll over and my chances are getting stronger now that Mommy has stopped swaddling me at night. Here's what Daddy saw when he came in for his kiss good-bye.

No comments: