Monday, April 11, 2011

Nursery Rhyme Central

Last night I tried hitting the hay a little early and was a bit distracted by all the activity going on outside my bedroom.  First it was Mommy heading to Samantha's room to remind her it really was bedtime.  Then it was Daddy off to silence the singer running through 'itsy  bitsy spider' with a nuk in her mouth.  Then it was Daddy back in Samantha's room a second time firmly telling her that he was serious about going to bed.

I thought I'd get in the spirit of things and woke up at 12:30 and again at 3:45.  Daddy's alarm went off at 4am, so all in all it was an awesome night.

Mommy got us girls ready for the day and Samantha entertained me by covering me with a blankie all the way up to my neck and singing rock-a-bye-baby and pounding me on the belly, at least until Mommy saw what was going on and just about had a heart attack on the spot.

The whole way to school Samantha sang the colors song (look who's wearing [insert color here] today and baa baa black sheep.

Mommy put me to sleep and then went to check on Samantha.  I can only imagine her expression when she found Samantha,  wearing only a diaper and a winter hat complete with ear flaps fastened securely under her neck, cuddled under the blanket enjoying the breeze of the fan.

No comments: