Saturday, September 10, 2011

Aunt Lissa And The Great Soccer "Game"

Chrissy went to bed too early to know this, but last night, way, way past my bedtime something special happened.  Daddy and I hopped in the car and took a ride up the NJ Turnpike and arrived back home with Aunt Lissa.  She flew in for a super sweet, albeit short visit and I couldn't me more excited.  I spent the entire car ride home gabbing to her.  I think I briefly stole Chrissy's 'Chatty Cathy' nickname, but Aunt Lissa graciously thought all my ramblings were the cutest thing ever.  Must be an aunt thing!

We got home and I went right to bed. Boy, was I tired!  But, then around 11pm I woke up with a case of the poopies. Yep, the big, stinky, messy "D".  Mommy ended up sleeping with me to make sure I was okay and she confirmed to Daddy that I am the worst bed buddy ever.  I am a wiggle worm whenever someone shares a bed with me and they get super annoyed.  I don't anticipate many sleepovers in my future! 

When I woke up this morning I realized that Chrissy met Aunt Lissa and loves her as much as I do!


Chrissy also rediscovered her love of music.  I think she is trying to play scales, which must mean she takes after Daddy.  Mommy resorted to private sight reading classes in high school and the teacher actually canceled the lessons and stopped taking her parent's money after declaring Mommy a lost cause.  Bring on the Burt genes, please!


Chrissy also tried some yogurt for breakfast.  In your mouth, not on your nose, silly billy!


When I finally woke up at 9am, Aunt Lissa came to my room and woke me up with a dance around my room. I wish all mornings were this fun!
Then we settled at the kitchen table for some computer fun. 
After I was deemed recovered, it was off to my very first soccer practice and game. It was a bit overwhelming to see all the girls, some of whom have been on a soccer team before and knew what a soccer net was.

Chrissy was equally underwhelmed.

Did I mention how scary organized sports can be?

With a quick pep talk from the most supportive sister ever, I was ready to face my fears with a stiff upper lip.

Sort of.  I was onboard but my upper lip was in need of propping up.

Coach Jason teaching us the rules of soccer.

And us girls attempting to put the rules into an actual round of drills.

There was a lot of uncertainty on this first day.
But I sure look cute stopping the ball, right?

I think this is called dribbling the ball.  Yay me!

Kick!

Hey, this isn't so bad afterall.

Kick!

Super kick!

And rest....

And my inner calling to tow the line roared out and I kicked the ball right off the field.
Drill time!
So this is what it feels like to make a goal.  Pretty cool!
And another.  Score! 

Yay me!

This isn't too hard.

And my biggest cheerleaders.
Go, Samantha, go, go!

Hmm, "game" has a very different feel than "practice".

Between you and me, I totally hit my max and walked off the field in the middle of the game.
And enjoyed the rest of my time playing in the dirt.
Before I knew it, the game was over. Daddy came over to see if I was ready to go home. 

"In a minute, Daddy.  I'm not ready yet."
Daddies are the bestest for taking cleats and soccer socks off.  Without him, I'd still be wearing them.

Sadly, our visit with Aunt Lissa came to a close and she went off with her friend on another adventure.  We went home and started our adventure.  Mommy brought out a present just for me.  My own baby doll that talks!
And demands to be fed, changed and walked.  It's like a real life baby.  Oh, boy!

Chrissy, meet baby. She fusses, too!

No comments: