Saturday, September 24, 2011

Onward and Westward

Let me tell you about yesterday.  Mommy picked us girls up from school at 3:30 sharp and then drove us into the heart of Trenton, well it was actually the train station, but close enough for this kiddo.  Daddy jumped in the car, fresh off his trip to DC, and we hopped on the PA Turnpike headed due west in traffic and rain.  Awesome.  Have you ever been strapped into an infant car seat for an extended period of time?  I wouldn't recommend it.  I made Mommy pull the car over a few times to sorta nurse.  Meaning, I was a bit difficult.  Even this here laid back baby has her limits!

Finally around 10pm we gave up and found a hotel.  Note to everyone, Samantha is the WORST bed buddy.  She is the true definition of a wiggle worm if there ever was one!
I woke Mommy up at 5am sharp so we could take our shift as the seat warmer on the couch in the hotel's lobby. Finally, around 7am it was time to wake the masses. We ate breakfast and hit the road by 8am. Indiana, here we come!

Before we knew it, a few hours passed and Mommy did the countdown as we entered West Virgina. Then it was the countdown for Ohio. Hi, Ohio! We did that countdown for a long time. Even beyond entering into Indiana. Samantha loved saying "Hi, Ohio!"
After a ton of bathroom breaks to appease Mommy's bladder, we arrived at Aunt Nancy, Uncle Scott and cousin Alex's house around 5pm. Meeting them? Totally worth our 24 hour adventure!

Can you see me?  I'm way down there in the right hand corner, super jealous of cousin Alex and Samantha playing table tennis.  When can I play?

Hmm, I think it's really funny that Samantha is "teaching" cousin Alex.  He, the table tennis champ, and she, the newbie!
But I didn't really need to tell you that, did I? 
What a quick study!
Yeah, I can hang out just about anywhere.  I'm a super chill baby.
And a happy bappy at that!

Sometimes a blog doesn't do the moment justice and this is one of those times.  Enjoy!




Aunt Nancy and Uncle Scott made a fantastic dinner and are such gracious hosts that I took notes so mommy could improve her hosting skills. We had a great surf and turf in the patio and Samantha did the rounds on their ledge. I'm pretty sure she wants to move in! Truth is I would too. They are such great fun that I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!



I celebrated the festivities by going right to bed for Mommy. Nothing can one up that, trust me!

No comments: