Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Winter In Summer, Samantha Style

I am super lucky to learn how to make Grandma's famous apple pies.  Trouble is my hair was getting in the way.  Resourceful Daddy to the rescue. Winter hat time!


Measuring is super precise when you are baking.
Unless you are three.

Then a little spilled flour never hurt anyone.

Eh, just brush it onto the floor when Mommy's not looking.
Chop, chop!
I'm stepping up to the rolling pin challenge.
I think I can, I think I can.


Fingers in my mouth while cooking.  This is why Mommy doesn't let friends eat anything I've helped cook or bake.  I wonder why?


Patty cake, patty cake, baker Samantha.  Roll it.



And roll it some more.

And then put the pie together.


And sample some of the filling.  Ya know, for quality control purposes.

I approve.
Yummy!
Chrissy and Grandpa watched in wonder at all the excitement.
Baking is hard, messy work.

You want me to keep clean and bake?  Ay yi yi.

After about an hour and a half, I sorta lost interest in making the second pie.  Did I leave the kitchen?  Nope. I stayed and played at the flour island.


Hey, it's a picture of our house in our house.  How cool is that?

Guess who went poop on the potty?


From the looks of these coveted treats, me guesses it was me!
I've waited months for these toys.
And I'm going to celebrate by watching Dora with Dora.



No comments: