Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Amazingly Full Freezer and Tons of Purell

Grandma Burt visited us for the week and graciously did all of our grocery shopping, planned and cooked six weeks worth of meals for us. We will be feasting on meat loaf, lasagna, turkey, turkey soup, macaroni casserole, muffins and chocolate chip cookies. Thank you Grandma Burt!

Here Grandma Burt and I are in the middle of a staring contest.




Daddy took advantage of his MOM's (it's always all caps) visit to go back to work. Here's a picture of him after he got home one night, achieving true work-life balance.





We had lots of visitors this week, though one at a time and lots of Purell was used. We are so grateful to everyone for coming so far to visit us!


Wednesday Meave came to visit and kindly helped with the feedings.




On Thursday Lisa came and gave Mommy a break from holding me.






On Friday our neighbors, Estella and Baby Henry came to visit. I am so excited to have a friend so close by!

Saturday was such a special day- Kathleen and Mike drove really far to come spend the morning with me. No pictures were taken, so we will need to arrange for another visit really soon.

Mommy spent the rest of the week at my beck and call. I've been accused of being quite demanding when hungry or suffering from a dirty diaper. However, when I'm sleeping there is no waking this me. Mommy's tried to out stubborn me by stripping me down to a diaper and wiping me down with a cold washcloth, but she fails because I can sleep through it all! Then when I want to wake up Mommy and Daddy laugh at my long choreographed streching ritual complete with lots of grunting and moaning. They envision many long mornings before school trying to get me out of bed.

On Friday we went to a breastfeeding support group and were the only little girl, but with all my grunting the mommies of the boys were quite entertained with this little baby girl. We would have stayed the whole hour but Mommy screwed up and didn't remember a diaper bag and one was desperately needed. Thank goodness a Target was right down the street!

Saturday marked the falling off of the ugly umbilical cord stump. Yippee! We can now try out real baths!

Here is the happy family. At least two of us are awake in this photo!



Here is Super Baby sleeping.



No comments: