Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Mommy and I had lunch with Toni. We like visiting with her!





Daddy helped start the weekend early by coming home Friday mid-afternoon. It's always more fun with Daddy home!


We visited with the Mulligans for a Labor Day grill fest. I had so much fun watching Daddy compete with Daniel playing boxing on Wii. Mommy spent a lot of time reading stories and stacking boxes with Bridget while I spent quality time with Aunt Brenda, my very own baby whisperer.


Daddy spiced things up during diaper change duty by making his version of the Pope's Papal Tiara for me. What do you think?




Mommy has decided to include me in her self-portraits. She sure takes a lot of pictures of me without asking! Check out what Daddy lovingly calls "Sam pattern baldness".

I am officially able to focus on people and objects. I also am officially smiling when happy, which happens predominently during diaper changes when I manage to make a mess outside of my diaper. Bonus points for making Mommy or Daddy have to change their outfit after my diaper change!

Another new thing is my discovery of snuggle time. Before I preferred my activity center to being snuggled, but this week I realized that a little snuggle time every day is just what the doctor ordered. It also gives Mommy and Daddy quiet time to surf the internet while spending time with me.

Tomorrow it's back to work for Daddy and back to my routine of sleeping and eating. Oh, and catching up on my Lifetime movies.

Solicitation for advice: Samantha HATES being read to. She liked it for the first two weeks and it's been a bust every since. It's really strange considering how much we love to read, but we can't seem to convert the little one. Any suggestions?

No comments: