Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reunited With My First Love

Mommy told me of the greatest surprise ever.  I have a playdate with Henry this afternoon.  For those new to my blog, Henry was my next, next door neighbor when I was born and he's just less than a month older than me.  I was so excited to see Henry that I forgot my pants.

Mommy looks out for me and helped me select another outfit that had bottoms.  Then, when I woke up from my nap, we headed straight to Henry's. Well, almost straight to Henry's.  Did I ever share with you the sorrows of being my mother's child?  She has less than no sense of direction. It's bad direction.  We got totally lost and it took us 45 minutes to get to Henry's when it only should have taken 15 minutes.  Oh, and we had to call Daddy in California to look up directions because Mommy can't read her GPS.  No joke.

Thankfully, Henry and fam are the most laidback, amazing people ever.  They welcomed us into their awesome home. Henry and I jumped right back into our friendship like time never passed.  Except we can now walk and talk and drive cars.

With a little help.
We've got it!
Henry, I adore you!
Henry's daddy rocks!

We sure play nicely together!

Mommy and Henry's mommy loved the chance to catch up.  They sure miss the good ol' days of impromptu visits and play dates. I sure hope we can get together more often because we're having a blast.
We had an amazing Thai food dinner and I had my trusty baby food and Chrissy, the quiet sibling, had her usual.  She's so predictable!  When it was time to go home Henry and I wrestled by the front door to distract the mommies.
We're pretty good at this!
Right about now Henry opened the front door and we busted out.

Being two is the bestest.  We are more independent and we can have a blast with our friends.  Henry, I've missed you and can't wait to see you again!

No comments: