Tuesday, March 18, 2014

DNA All The Way!

Oh, my goodness. I'm so glad we got snowed out of school yesterday. Mommy was going to make me wear green for St. Patrick's Day. Phew, I escaped that fate with a snow day and she relented and head to toe pink prevailed!

And, today?  Well, it's all aboard the Washington, DC tour train- in Mommy's mini van.

First up? Constitution Hall to visit the Headquarters of Daughters of the American Revolution and take pictures of the memorial medallion we got in memory of our Great Grandma Alberta. When we got our visitors badge, Mommy clipped them on us and told us that if we took them off that the police would take us to jail. We got scared but the grownups at the security desk laughed  Why do people laugh at Mommy so much?

Here we are standing in front of a tv from 1939. It's huge and boxy.  They should have had flat screen tvs. They are so much better!  Christina kept trying to climb under the ropes and touch things. Mommy told her she would go to jail if she did it again, and Christina replied, "but I'm wearing my badge!"




Air and Space Museum all the way. Did you know that when my Mommy was a little girl she thought it was the Aaron Space Museum?  Ha!

Wow, this is a big rocket ship.


See what I mean?
Sisters!


Stroller? Yeah, Mommy and Daddy were almost ready to cancel our trip to DC because Christina has a small cold and there is so much walking on a trip like this.  They decided that the trip was a go if she had a stroller to rest on. Imagine Mommy and Daddy searching high and low for the stroller. It's been over a year since Christina has used one that we weren't sure if we still had it and almost had to buy another umbrella stroller.  But, thank goodness for the black hole the township calls our detached garage because it keeps lots and lots of things for us. 

Yep, that's us on the mall. Can you believe there aren't stores here? And it's on the mall, not in the mall?  

T-Rex!
Triceratops. Yeah, I'm kinda grumpy because Mommy won't let me ride in the stroller and I just know my feet will fall off if I don't give them a rest. Trust me.
See how well rested Christina is?  I need a stroller too.
Snack time.
Phew, turns out I just needed a yummy snack.

Want to know what we are about to do?
See if you can guess.  I'm swishing and swishing and swishing.
And then spit into a cup and Mommy sucked up my DNA and put it in a vial that we threaded a cord through and made a necklace so I can carry around my own DNA. Yep, all three of us did it and it was way cool!

Wow, the famous Hope Diamond!
And we finally made it Grandma Carol and Grandpa Frank's house.  Joshua, I've missed you too!
Nobody does fish faces like our Aunt Holley!
Oh, Christina! She can't make a fish face yet but happily settled for a monster face. It was about the time she was explaining to Mommy that when you get engaged, then you get eaten by monsters.
We make every dinner special, don't we?

No comments: