Saturday, August 02, 2008

Visiting

On Friday I dressed up in my super cute navy blue Ralph Lauren sun dress and bloomers and headed off to our weekly support group. I love to meet other new babies and stare at them, especially when they are crying. Secretly I'm trying to figure out who is stealing my top-secret attention-getting tactics.

Then we headed off to visit with a friend who recently had knee surgery. A little baby can sure brighten up the day! And I fit the bill quite nicely if I do say so myself.

Then it was off to visit with Toni at Janssen so Daddycould stop by the bank and I could meet my new friend.

By this time I had gone most of the day without food and lacked any desire to nurse. So, instead of heading home like smart parents Mommy and Daddy went to Jeff's office to show off a very grumpy Samantha. And, boy did they come to regret their decision.... I met Daddy's former boss, who was dressed in a cute top and white pants. She kindly took me and helped me with my gas issues. Guess where this is going? Yep, I reached deep down and had exploding poop that shot right out of the diaper and all over the really nice woman who was trying to help me. Here's to making a lasting impression!

The entire day consisted of comments regarding how much I look like Daddy. The best Mommy got was, "she has your ears". She didn't take kindly to the references, thinking "I went through labor for ears that look like mine???".

1 comment:

Psychstudent said...

Hi Vanessa, Jeff, and Samantha!
I love the blog-- so great to be able to follow the pics. Can't wait to meet her.
Love,
Stacy