Saturday, June 04, 2011

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Since Daddy was in his best friend's wedding this weekend in California, we decided to celebrate his birthday doing things we like.  I voted for a petting zoo.  No one vetoed the suggestion so we headed to Von Thun's Farm, which happened to be celebrating the weekend with a Strawberry Festival.

We like!  I was a bit chilly and, even though it was cloudy, felt the need to sport my super cute purple sunglasses.  Chrissy was jealous.


Chrissy is sorta smiling at the animals, and I'm thinking we need to go pet them NOW!

Chrissy was cool with that as long as she was snuggled in her blankie.
Then I found these super cool diggers that I was way too small to use properly.  But that didn't stop me from trying!

The the real fun started up.  There were ducky races and it was all you could play in one hour for three bucks.  Mommy happens to think that is the best deal in town and I don't disagree!

Super fun!

Eh, not as much fun when you're on the sidelines....
No sense in passing up a good opportunity for some snoozin'!

Look at what I made for Daddy- it's colored sugar.  And, no of course Mommy didn't let me taste any.

After an amazingly fun and relaxing morning we headed home for lunch and naptime.  Then it was off to Mayberry's Strawberry Festival, complete with the a visiting fire truck and it's youngest members of the rescue squad.

And, for the most anticipated event of the year, free pony rides!  I wasn't scared at all and went right off the ride back in line for another turn.


This is the best life gets!

Can you see my princess crown?
Gallop, please!
Chrissy was super jealous that she wasn't big enough to ride the ponies with me. Next year!

Emily is such a good friend that she kept Chrissy entertained while I was hanging out with the ponies. Thanks, Emily!




Fire trucks!
And two very happy toddlers!


And a happy baby to boot!

When the ponies went home we moved over to the games and bowled with little success.  Bowling is tough!  So we moved onto other games we could play together.

We're two princesses having a ball!
Egg drop race!
Team work!
We can do it!
I think we can! And we did!

When the fun finally came to an end we we're both pooped out.
With a serious case of the giggles!


Besties!


Chrissy was the most pooped of all!


PS- Happy Birthday to the bestest Daddy in the whole world.  We love you!

No comments: