Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lissa's Big Day

Chrissy sang her favorite song this morning.  Not sure which one that is?  Well, it goes something like this, "my ears is bothering me" to the tune of "Mommy and Daddy saying 'crap'".

One urgent care visit later we were back on track.  Turns out Chrissy really just wanted some quality time with Mommy. Mommy would have been happier on a trip to Target and saved a co-pay, whatever that is.

Yeah, so our car doesn't have a DVD player in it.  So, I entertained everyone on the car ride to the wedding place.  I am quite the singer and so is Chrissy.  Singing the same song at the same time?  Not gonna happen anytime soon.


Have you ever seen such beautiful flower girls?  Lauren is peeking at you from behind Chrissy. Do you see her?  Caroline is napping, so you'll see her later. 


I think putting on a pretty dress made Chrissy make good choices.  Maybe she should be a flower girl every day!

Whomp!

These dresses are the best to spin in.

Ready, set,
Smile!

I think Chrissy is praying that she can live in this dress.

Flower in my hair? I'm in heaven too!


Chrissy got her hair done too.  I never had my hair done when I was two.  Maybe I should find myself some make up.

Cousins!



Thinking about my special day, when I'm much, much older.  At least that's what Daddy always says.

Daddy with Aunt Lissa.  I'm biased, but they are beautiful.


Grandma Joanie getting to read to all four granddaughters is so super special!


Well, at least three of us are paying attention!


Can you tell that I'm listening to the story super closely?  I'm kinda a champion story listener.  If you've got a good set of lungs, then I can listen to you read stories for hours. It's a family secret that Mommy and Daddy don't share with visitors until they cry "uncle" when reading to me for a super long time.


Aunt Lissa with her two super star, big girl flower girls.  Sure Caroline and Chrissy are flower girls too, but Caroline can't walk (she turns ONE tomorrow!) and Chrissy, is well.

Chrissy.... Enough said!
Check out my cool sign that I am carrying down the aisle.

I'm showing Chrissy how to carry the basket of flower petals so she doesn't drop it.

Success!
I hope she makes it down the aisle!
So, turns out she made it down the aisle. But, not the way you thought she might.  She stepped out to walk and saw all the people, took her entire basket of petals and threw it to the ground.  Sure, she has a pretty good arm for a two year old, but it didn't go very far. She walked up to the basket on the ground, picked it up and repeat.  Mommy let her do that a few times and then scooped it up and helped Chrissy move her show along.

This picture would have been super cool if we flower girls were in it but we were freaked out by all the people watching us and preferred to snuggle on Mommy's lap.

That is until I found the ultimate resting spot.

Me and my glory up close.

It was a beautiful ceremony and I am super glad to be here to share Aunt Lissa's special day.  Hooray to you and Uncle Brandon!

Speaking of special days.  Is it true that we are all looking at the camera at the same time?

Mommy and Caroline.
Woah, two family photos in the same year.  What's next?  Chrissy potty training?

Ah, this is more like it.  This is what we looked like posing for the professional photographer.
Yep, this is us.
In all our glory.
At least we keep it real.
Notice how Mommy and Daddy are frozen in their smiles in hope that we will get our act together.
This is more our speed.

Chrissy behind bars?   

Kisses to my very special Daddy!


Right back atcha he said.

Another one?  Yes, please!

Right about now we scooted into the basement for snacks and Chrissy found a candle.  She touched the flame to see what would happen.  She cried.  Are you surprised?

Daddy helped her feel better and I got scared by all the noise, so Mommy and I snuck away to the hall for some quiet time.  I took her phone and snapped some pictures of her.  I take pretty good pictures, minus the poor backdrop choice.


Dinner time!



Specifically, bread time!


With a side of butter!  Just call me Mercy Watson!



Uncle Brandon and Aunt Lissa are so happy. Hooray!


After a long day, we kiddos snuck into the other room and watched The Little Mermaid.

And colored while the grown ups danced.
We made it until 9:45 PST, that's past midnight in our world.  A miracle on this very special day.  Love to all!

No comments: