Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dr. G, Medical Examiner

So, we both know that a medical examiner is really a coroner, but somehow Dr. G, Pediatrician doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Mommy gave me Beechnut rice cereal Friday night and I accidently ate a little and then puked a little. Saturday, against Daddy's wishes, Mommy shoved said rice cereal down my throat. I'm only slightly exaggerating here. I then proceeded to puke my guts out. Mommy called the pediatrician and scheduled a sick visit.

Why can't Mommy see that I don't like rice cereal?



I would rather eat plastic!




We went to the doctors and Mommy said to the receptionist, "I know the kids on the sick side are sick and I think Samantha has a food allergy. We're going to the well side". Apparently all the other parents were delusional about the state of their kids because six sick kids wandered over to the well side. Mommy was a good shield every time a runny nosed kid came to check me out. Thank goodness!


While we were waiting guess who came for a sick visit of her own? Bridget! The whole family came so we got to say our holiday wishes to Danny and their parents as well. For those who don't remember, Bridget is the awesome friend who kindly grows out of her super cute wardrobe quickly and lends me her gently used clothes.

We met with Dr. G and he confirmed that I don't have a bacterial or viral issue. I am in fact suffering from an "aversion" to rice cereal. No kidding, sherlock! We discussed a potential allergy, but would need a blood sample to confirm that. I cried at the thought and they agreed to postpone all rice cereal for a few weeks and let me try oatmeal and such to see if I puke that up.

I received clearance to stop the nasty solid foods until we're back from a not-so-sunny-California. Woot!

My mommy's dear friend Kevin was supposed to hang out with us and his flight from Boston was cancelled. Now I won't get to meet him until I'm much bigger. Hope he's lifting weights because I'm already 15 pounds, two ounces and I take my feedings seriously. (Mommy snuck in a weight check at the doctors and discounted my weight by 1.5 ounces due to clothes and dry diaper.)

Later that evening, Daddy had to run an errand so Mommy and I were left up to our own devices. For those who've been asking what exactly we do all day by ourselves, I'll let you in on our little secret.

We take lots of pictures! Yep, Mommy really is that dorky.



We also hang out on Mommy and Daddy's bed.
Fake to the left.




Now, to the right. Fwomp!



We also passed the time by going through Bridget's 9 month clothes to see what we were going to pack on the trip. I vote a pink hat!



Mommy can't resist taking yet another picture when I'm so gosh darned cute.


Mufasa doesn't seem to care, so long as she can rest in my Boppy. Silly kitty. Boppies are for babies, not kitties!


Sunday was a mad dash up to Bridgewater to visit Lucinda, who came all the way from the Bay Area to visit me. Well, maybe she wanted to spend the holidays with her family and celebrate her 30th in NYC. I'm sticking with she came all this way to see me!

We met up at Chipotle. I tried my best to help myself to Mommy's burrito, but she's a quick one. Darnnit!

We had so much fun visiting with Lucinda. She was my Mommy's roommate many moons ago, but they don't get to see each other very much these days. So, visits like this are extra special!
I wasn't too sure about the camera all up in my grill.
Then Mommy and I went back home to start packing for our expedition to Orange County, California. Can you tell I'm in denial that the weather report is calling for rain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks a little scared in the bathroom mirror picture, and really, I can't blame her! In the last shot she reminds me of a mini-vanessa with the hat and shades, Cute! Have a safe trip and good luck.