Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baby Overboard

This morning I was relegated to Mommy and Daddy's bedroom with some toys while Mommy grabbed a shower before work- the nerve of her!

Well, the call of the water was too much for me to resist. And resist I did not. I crawled over to the shower and pulled the curtain back so I could feel the mist on my face, on my hands, on my arms and all over my school clothes. Still longing for more, I pulled the curtain out of the shower and let the water rush all over me and the bathroom floor. I really wanted to roll into the shower, but Mommy was too quick for me. Drats!

Mommy wasn't sure how to react to this whole thing because I was so gosh darned cute and inquistive. One thing for sure is how quickly she decided that my school clothes were no longer appropriate. Off to the changing table again!


Here I am freshly washed and ready to head off to school. Yep, that says 'born to be spoiled'.


I'm ready for my close up! It's only moments with Mommy that the curls are tamed. Daddy doesn't do combs.



Water wasn't the only thing that caused me to go overboard. For days now Miss Kim has been ratting me out to Mommy. Things like, "I told Samantha that slides are for going down and stairs are for climbing up."

Well, today was the day that I officially went overboard on the indoor playground set. I went and fell right on my face and ended up with a bruise to my cheek and ego. The cheek part got myself an official incident report that will be in my permanent file. Mommy laughed when she read "the cause-self".

I also ended up with a fresh onesie and Mommy automatically accused me of having a diaper episode. Miss Kim said 'Nope. Samantha loved the water bottle you sent in with her this morning. She wasn't too sure about actually drinking the water, but sure loved the feel of it running out of her mouth down her front. So much so that she needed a new outfit.' Must be a water theme today!

Back home it was time for dinner. Grouchy Samantha didn't really want food. But biter biscuits were another story. Ah, instant relief for my teething gums!

And instant mess for yet another one way ticket to bath central. I swear I seem to have a year's pass to the duck tub! Can you see the green beans, carrots, peas and Cheerios that have nestled into my neck folds. How can you resist my charm?

In the bath it was a battle over biter biscuit grime. I worked hard to cake the cement onto my cheeks and she just up and scrubbed my face. That Mommy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that Samantha is the best baby in the world...
Love,
Anonymous