Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Celebrations

Memorial Day Weekend was quite an adventure. Daddy, Mommy and I spent a whole three days together and I just about busted out of my diaper with joy.
After jaunts to the playground, lots of walks and a little house hunting trip, we finished up the fantastic weekend with a field trip into Cranbury for their Memorial Day parade. Our friend Danny and his Daddy were in the parade. How cool is that? You might remember him from the Cranbury Halloween parade. Are you detecting a theme in this close knit town?
Mommy figured out that putting me on a blanket limits my ability to manuever around the lawn. Darn that icky grass!
Here I am cheering on the people in the parade. Go! Go! Go!

I love having a bird's eye view of the town. Jealous?
What did you say? I'm getting too heavy to carry around all day? Yikes, guess that means standing on the grass.....
Of course I knew it was going to turn out like this. Ah, the power I have over Daddy. Look at his feet and ask yourself where his shoes are.

Uh, this standing around is for the birds. Where is my chair?

Gotta get focused so we can see Danny.
Here is Bridget next to me cheering on her brother and enjoying a great tasting lollypop. Not sure if you heard, but she made the Cranbury paper over Easter weekend this year. We have a local celebrity in our sights!

Finally, the star of the parade. It's Danny!
After the parade it was off to the backyard for some ol' fashioned grilling fun. For the babies (that's me) it was time for some hammock swinging. Super fun!

No comments: