Sunday, May 17, 2009

Family Weekend Fun

What a fantastic family weekend. Let me recap for you.

After breakfast it was time for art. Mommy was feeling left out that school does art projects with me so she bought me markers. Now what do I do with these crazy things?

Hi camera man!


This is where things took a nose dive. Yep, the marker went right in my mouth and Mommy darn near had a heart attack on the spot.



Markers sure are tasty, art projects can wait!

Mommy found out that my art projects at school are done with Miss Kim's help and that I'm not allowed to eat the markers there. Mommy found me out!

Then Daddy joined in on the fun. Woo-Hoo! But the marker comes with me!



Then it was off to swim lessons. Even though it had been two weeks since being in the pool, I took to it like a fish. A goldfish to be exact!


Multi-talented. I can paddle and smile!


Look closely, it's me under the water while Daddy holds Taylor.



After swim lessons it was family lunch and nap time. This seems to be a routine we've quickly embraced. Sometimes it seems I like to get a head start on the nap part of our ritual, so Mommy rides in the back seat on the way home to keep me awake. Party pooper!

Lunch was fantastic crab cakes and peas. My favorite!

After we were all rested we headed to the park. What ten month old doesn't love swings?

Here I am with Daddy on the way to the park. Notice that we're stopped because Mommy wanted yet another photo opportunity. Yes, the camera is attached to her hand all weekend long!

Good grief Mommy. There's a swing with my name on it!



Too bad none of the swing pictures turned out. You'll have to settle for my first playground slide ride. (I've been on the slide at school, hence the incident report about going up the slide and down the steps face first.) Mommy helped me get it right, but I still wasn't sure how I felt about the whole situation.


Sadly our park time ended all too quickly. Daddy, why can't we ditch Mommy and sneak back to the swings? I promise I won't tell!





For dinner Mommy and I shared our signature flounder stuffed with crab meat. She tried to sneak in some corn, but I'm too quick for her.

Sunday morning meant a trip to the land of kitty-cat stairs in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. Why do kitty-cats get all the fun? I want to climb, too! It's a bit more difficult for a 17 pounder like myself. These stairs are soft and were made for Mufasa's nine pound petite frame.

Chickie will help me. Hooray!


Mommy, I'm a comin' to get you!


Well, look here. Who's that super cute baby in the mirror? It's me! It's me!




For lunch we had our first family restaurant trip. I think it went swimmingly well. Turns out I love spiced tofu and cheerios combined with brown rice and my goose.


Here I am trying to get the waitresses attention with the same diligence she showed for trying to pretend a baby wasn't in her section.


Say hello to my goose that Auntie Diana got for me at Mount Vernon. Who would have guessed she'd get me the best teething toy in the entire world. The beak is just perfect for my tiny mouth.




Sunday afternoon found Mommy working super hard on budget stuff for her job. So, Daddy and I decided to bust a move and check out Target and Babies R Us. We walked everywhere and definitely got in our 10,000 steps. How else do you think I keep my svelte figure?

We had a great dinner of mushrooms with ranch dressing and super spicy beef and bean chili. Can you tell I'm not a normal baby with normal baby food likings?

I'm getting so good at feeding myself, dontcha think? Here I am trying to make sure Mommy has to work really hard at bath time.

Sippy cup practice. Sure harder than it looks!

I clean up nicely, agreed?


No comments: