Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

It was an amazing weekend. We took a family field trip to Northern Virginia (we call it NoVa) to visit with Grandma Carol, Grandpa Frank, Uncle Travis and Auntie Diana and Cousin Michele.

AD and CM came in from Florida and Ohio respectively just to see me. Well, something about a business trip factored in, but come on we all know that everything is planned around me!

Saturday was a blast. In the morning, we went to Dean's parent's home to visit with lots of great friends. We had a great breakfast of bagels, coffee cake and fruit. All of which were fantastic. I discovered I like grapes. Yummy! It was so much fun to have three girls to fill the home with love and laughter. Oh, if only we lived closer!
For our Easter trip, Mommy bought us girls bunny ears and flower ears. Then she left then in NJ. So, in honor of Mother's Day we get to wear things on our heads.
Clearly Daddy and I are only tolerating Mommy's crazy talk because of the holiday. Seriously, the only person smiling is behind the camera!
Enough!
Mommy first met Dean's family in a roundabout way. In elementary school she was friends with Sara who lived across the street and fed Victor when the family was on vacation. Mommy remembers tagging along and feeding Victor cat food. Is Victor a cat, you ask? Nope!
Let me swim with you, Victor!

I showed Daddy how good I am at the piano and think I can this close to getting his buy-in for a great Christmas present when we finally move to another house. Watch me tickle those ivories!
Elizabeth and I are fast friends. Who wouldn't love this welcome everytime you come to town?
This is a requisite photo of Dean reading to Vanessa. Vanessa simply adores Dean. So do we!
With all the excitement, guess how the four mile car ride home went?
When we got home, the Krempa crew came back from their visit to Mount Vernon. (So jealous I missed that adventure!). Auntie Diana brought me a super cool historically accurate hat and a duck. Not just any duck, but a super soft duck that became my constant companion this weekend. Significant story to come later.

Here I am wading through the tissue paper to get to the goods. What a dilemma. When you're ten months old (and I am today!), it's a tough call between the wrappings and the gifts. Thank goodness I went for the loot because the hat and the duck are my favorites!


We hung out in the back yard and I rolled down the hill and let Daddy drag me down like the hill was a slide. He is way more fun than the other conservative parental unit of mine.

Then we had hot dogs, chicken and tons of dessert. I partied like a rock star and still made it to bed by 7pm. That takes talent!

Sunday morning, I woke up with a giggle and the day just got better and better.

Happy Mother's Day!


We then had a great brunch of mushroom quiche, bagels and fruit salad. Yummy! I ate an entire slice of quiche with waffles and then sucked down a bottle to wash everything down.

Now, don't blink or you'll miss it... Uncle Travis held me, smiled and he lived to tell about it!


Here's another standard silly picture of me, courtesy of blackmailer Mommy.


Then we headed outside for some family photo time.

Here I am with Mommy and Auntie Diana. We are totally going to visit her in Florida once I master my swim lessons.

Here we are with Cousin Michele who is so kindly bringing me a new cousin to play with in September. Yay for baby girls!


All the Mommies and their daughters with their daughters. How cool!

Nuclear family photo! I'm totally the reason that she gets to celebrate Mother's Day!


Boring- all the grownups are looking at the camera. I'm looking at something more interesting... Joshua, my four legged uncle!

Let's try this again. Can we all look at the camera at the same time? Can't win 'em all!


What a awesome weekend with the family! I am so lucky that we live close to Virgina and I don't have to the driving.

The trip back, you ask? Well, there were a few accidents. Both on the road and in my diaper. When we got home plans were modified to include an immediate trip to the bath tub. It was also about this time that Mommy learned my secret that I was waiting until we were alone to spring on her as a last Mother's Day gift. MY FIRST TOOTH!

No comments: