Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lessons In Patience

Krempa=Impatient
Burt= Patient

Picture it: Samantha BURT waiting in the doctor's office with Mommy KREMPA. Yep, it spells an all out disaster. I'm ten months trying to peel Mommy off the ceiling during our two hour wait in the doctor's office today. And one wonders why Daddy seems to have meetings on the days I have to make a field trip to the world of medical professionals.

A super nice girl named Morgan played 'suh-prise' (you might call it peek-a-boo) with me for a good amount of time. Then she played tickle monster with me. I am so lucky to meet really great friends where ever I go.

Today was a big day at the doctors- a pediatric ophthalmologist's office to be exact. Yep, I had to look that up so I could spell it correctly.

For starters, the nurse put numbing drops in my eyes and then some weird medication that dilated my eyes to the size of dinner plates.

Then it was time to see the doctor.

Discussion point #1- blocked tear duct. It's hopeless. It refuses to spontaeously open up.
Discussion point #2- the bump on the side of my eye. It's gross.

Luckily, Dr. W has agreed to take care of both issues with one visit to the hospital. Boy, I never thought I'd have to go back there so soon. It seems like I was just there- well, ten months ago at least!

So, come summer time I get to see how I look in those ridiculous hospital gowns. Does anyone know if they have smaller ones for those well under three feet tall?

PS- had my first eye exam and my eyes are awesome. No glasses here!
PPS- the appointment took so long that I missed my make-up swim lesson. Maybe next week.

No comments: