Sunday, January 03, 2010

Becoming Oscar The Grouch

It's true, I don't use a lot of words. But believe you me, I totally understand everything. Ask me to get a bib out of the laundry room. Check. Ask me to bring you the chicken dance Elmo from the playroom. Check. Ask me to eat a well rounded meal. Che...Not so fast!

I'm infuriating Mommy these days with the signature Burt family streak of anti-healthy food. I loathe fresh fruit, fresh veggies and yes, I can totally tell when Mommy's pulled a recipe out of the Sneaky Chef book. Tonights 'meal' was cauliflower in my eggs. Daddy literally had to put his hand over his lower face to cover up his laughing (didn't work, obviously) at me literally gagging up the disgusting food and then scraping my tongue clean of that crap Mommy is trying to pass off as food.

She also bribes me with Cheerios. If I see the Cheerios, then she promises the motherlode if I just eat a jar of fruit. It works if we can play the Cheerio on the tongue trick. (Place an 'o' on your tongue and then open and close your mouth- the morsel appears and disappears. Cool!)

What did I end up eating for dinner? Banana Mango (you can dance when you say it, which is it's only redeeming quality), yogurt and three fish sticks. Yes, I adore fish. Mommy then started to eat her salmon and I begged her to share with me.

Oh, and Mommy and Daddy are having 'fun' asking me questions these days.
"Samantha, do you like Susie?"
"No"
"Samantha, do you like Sally?"
"No"
"Samantha, do you like Max?"
"No"
"Samantha, do you like Mark?"
Pause. Pause. Yah.

"Samantha, do you want to go home?"
"No"
"Samantha, do you want to stay here?"
"No"
"Samantha, do you want to do anything?"
"No"

We watched some Sesame Street, which is Mommy's latest trick. Plop me in front of the television and then try to get me to eat food that I wouldn't eat when I was focused on the task of eating. Sadly, this trick is sort of working and I even learned how to shake hands and shrug my shoulders courtesy of Lulu on Sesame Street. Then I said no to everything except the question about wanting to go to sleep. Then I was whisked off to bed at the ripe ol' time of 6:15pm and won't be heard from until morning.

No comments: