Saturday, January 02, 2010

Two Days Into 2010

And I've had two incredible playdates. Unfortunately someone (whose name rhymes with nommy) fell down in the picture taking department so you'll have to visualize the fun times and, trust me, there were countless moments that would have been perfect for this here blog.



New Years kicked off at Emily's house with Connor rounding out the fun. I can't believe how much we've all grown in the last month. We had an absolute blast. Tea parties, cooking and house were high on the list. Emily has a rockin' dolly and stroller that almost wore out its wheels with all our walking around. Oh, and there was a moment when I dug deep down and found my inner self and, boy, was it assertive. We're all learning this sharing concept and there are bound to be a few bumps in the road. Hey, who really wants to share their favorite things? Certainly not me! Anyways, the moment that Mommy and Daddy will always remember was when all the grownups were talking and then a really loud scream pierced the air. They all looked up to see my angelic face, opened wide, screaming bloody murder with my hand firmly in another kid's face. What can I say, it was mine turn for the dolly! Turns out a week in toddlerworld has taught me to "Be Aggressive, B-E Aggressive!!". Bonus points for anyone who knows which one of Daddy's favorite movies that quote is from.

Anyways, it was shortly after this moment that we all sat down for an awesome dinner. Then I entertained myself with the dolly and her bottle. I fed dolly and reminded Mommy that it's time to start playing pretend with me! Then, since it was way past my bedtime, my coordination took a nose dive. As did my face onto the kitchen table leg. I'm sportin' a huge bruise just under my eye that is threatening to make it look like I have a black eye. Oh, boy.

Saturday was quite the adventure. We went to The Container Store in our newfound quest to be organized in 2010. Oh, AH where are you?

Then it was naptime before Bridget and family came over and we played in the bouncy house. It was awesome! I was bounced all over and loved every minute of it! Then the men headed off to Wiiville and the girls headed off to Artland. Life is good!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

BRING IT ON!!! Ahhh, the things a sister knows ;-)