Thursday, January 07, 2010

Rough Week at the Krempa-Burts

This week sure has been rough. I got a crash course in the meaning of 'year-end' for finance folks- that's Mommy- and big project milestones-that's Daddy. All around, it's meant me clocking in overtime at school. And this being my first full week in toddlerworld. The proverbial icing on the cake is my annoyance with Miss Kim. I can't believe she let school move me out of the picture perfect infant room, where I totally ruled the roost. You can imagine I'm not exactly thrilled with the world these days. Thank goodness good times are around the corner. Mommy and Grandma and Grandpa Burt are ships passing in the night as they fly out and in the same day. Mommy's headed to Michigan and then Florida, while Grandma and Grandpa are sacrificing their personal comfort to leave warm California for this here cold front.

Anyways, back to real life. Mommy and I have been 'enjoying' dinner time this week before she hauls me off to bed and logs back on to work. Mealtime takes a whole lot longer these days since I won't let anyone help me eat. Since toddlerworld makes me feed myself, I've declared a moratorium on assistance in any form you can imagine how messy life has become. Mommy is never buying me nice clothes again!

Mommy helped herself to a juice box that was lying around. Sad day in the K-B's when this is considered junk food! Anyways, I asked for some and Mommy thought it'd be fun to see my first experience with a straw.

Ah, the power of brand marketing. We watch Grover on tv and now he's in my kitchen!


This is very different from my sippy cup. Must study straw concept more closely. Seriously, I took to straw drinking like a fish in water. I'm an awesome juicebox drinker. Mommy was shocked and I was thrilled with my milestone.

Then it was time for some yogurt. I lost patience with the plastic spoon and dug deep down and let my creative juices flow. And hit the motherlode I did.


Hmm, my hand spoon is way more effective. Back for round two.



In for the kill.


Got my scoop of yogurt.


Success! If you look closely, you'll see the yogurt string from my mouth to hand. Bonus!


Yes, many bibs and outfits are sacrificed during my mealtimes.


And to think Mommy contemplates me skipping baths when she's tired.


You might not believe this but Mommy doesn't rush to pick me up when I decide mealtime is over. Something about degrossifying me first.



Oh, when Mommy won't give me more of a specific kind of food that I want I one up her. I simply reach down, pick up my bib and start to eat off the layers of food. Yummy!

No comments: