Saturday, July 10, 2010

Two!

So the big day has finally come. Daddy and Mommy have been working with me for the last few days. "Samantha, how old are you?", "Samantha, are you going to have a birthday party?". After much practice, I can answer with 90% accuracy.

Grandma Carol and Grandpa Frank came up to party with me. Yay!

After a glorious nap, it was time to put on my birthday girl shirt. I drew the line at a birthday girl bib. Seriously, what was Mommy thinking?

It looked like it was going to rain all afternoon, but I had a chat with Mother Nature. She realized that I only turn two once and parted the clouds for a great blast of sunshine. My great friends, Katie, Emily and Connor arrived and the party kicked off with a great time outside.

Here I am at the snack table. I moved my chair over to compensate for a tall table and my short legs.

Emily found the watering can and helped our garden grow.
And I got my fill of Triscuits. Yummy!
Oh, did you notice that I now pose for the camera and say 'cheese'?
Here I am on my swing. It sure is hard sharing. It's a lesson I keep trying to master every playdate. I hope to check off the sharing box before college.
I'm so cute! And modest!
Here Connor, Emily and I are playing as we normally do- independently. Although Emily did ask me to play with her a few times.
I decided to play with her when we started racing the stroller and shopping cart around the house. Check out my kickin' cowgirl hat, courtesy of Grandma Joanie and Grandpa Cal. I sure look good in pink, don't I?
Katie drew some really great pictures and looks great in the top hat. She broke from drawing for a moment to judge our racing. I think she let me win since it was my birthday and all.

Then we had a great dinner of pizza for us kiddos and hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken for the adults. We had Bent Spoon cupcakes and everyone sang 'happy birthday' to me. That was the one freak out of the day. How would you feel with lots of people staring at you while they sing to you? So what if I was just in a bib and diaper, staring is scary!

Katie had to leave after dinner and I got a bit sleepy so I wandered into the family room for Barney. Emily and Connor couldn't resist. We love the big purple dinosaur!
After our rest we played Elefun. Turns out I'm a Mommy-mini me and am in it to win it. I will do just about anything to win games. Watch out!

Thanks for an amazing birthday! Two is going to be amazing!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I forgot to wish Samantha a very happy birthday! What a beautiful big girl!