Friday, November 18, 2011

Doctors Everywhere

I woke up this morning with a bump in my eye.  Mommy is so tired of doctors and was planning to take Chrissy to her nine month well visit this afternoon so she wanted to skip a morning appointment. Until I mentioned on the way to school that my eye hurt.  No matter that I pointed to the wrong eye when asked.  We dropped Chrissy off at school and went to the grocery store near the doctors to wait for them to open.  We walked each aisle while I begged for food.  I get "hungry" when I see food, not when my belly is empty.  It was so bad that customer service offered me free crackers from the salad bar and Mommy quickly declined saying that I only thought I was hungry.  Yeah, right!

Long story short, the doctors turned down our offer for an opening appointment and made us drive across four towns to see the doctor whom we happened to already have an afternoon appointment with for Chrissy.  Boy, was Dr. G surprised to see us in the morning.  Turns out I have a tiny stye in a strange place but it will be fine and I can go to school.  Mommy used this opportunity to really give it to me.  Both barrels.  Dr. G sat me down and gave me the super uncomfortable talk.  Birds and bees? Nope.  Poop and the potty.  It was super uncomfortable and I promised to try harder next time.

So I went to school with the promise not to poop in my diaper.  And I kept my promise.  Mommy picked me up from nap and we headed back to Dr. G for Chrissy's well visit.  Mommy made the nurse take her to another scale because she said it was a whole pound off.  Darn if Mommy wasn't right.  She said she believed the hospital scale the most because they use that to determine the sleeping gas to give babies.  I think she might be onto something.  Chrissy is 50 percent height, weight and head circumference.  She weighs 16 pounds, 15.6 ounces.  She is also getting ready for sleep training as soon as the ENT clears her ears on Monday. What does that mean for me?  No sleep on my Thanksgiving vacation!

So I tried to get ahead on sleep- under the table!
While Chrissy tried peas for the first time.
She wasn't sure if they were toys, food or both.

Trust me, she made them food and toys.  Man, can they roll!
Chicken dance Elmo lives on!
PS- Dr. G gave me a second talkin' to at the afternoon appointment.  She means business and I think I need to start pooping on the potty!

No comments: