Saturday, August 02, 2014

Virginia Is For Talking Donkeys And Frozen Yogurt

Guess what?  Today we are going to see Shrek?  Not in the movies, but in the theater. It's called a musical.  There are words and songs. We are going to see Mommy's friend. We need to be super pretty.

Grandma, nail polish STAT.

Pretty!
After we got all pretty we went to see Mommy's college roommate.  Miss Cindy just had a baby named Melanie.  Melanie needs to spend some extra time in the hospital so we can't see her this visit, but next visit?  Mommy warned Miss Cindy that it would be snuggle time no matter what.  Mommy doesn't often take no for an answer so I'm getting my hand sanitizer ready!
I really like straws and wanted one in our picture.
After breakfast Mommy drove us all over creation to relive her childhood memories. I was so bored. I kept telling her I can't handle any more memories, but she laughed and said thirty minutes of my life indulging her was perfectly acceptable and ignored my vocal protests.

Mommy went to junior high school here.
It's bigger than Cranbury School!
This is the high school she went to.
The band was holding a car wash fundraiser so we pulled up and the kids didn't even care enough to ask us to wash our car. The adult had to ask Mommy. It was weird.  I mean, Mommy tells us we have to do our own talking with adults and other kids, but these kids were way older than us and didn't know how to talk to a grown up. Weird!

Then I had to go potty.  Why do all roads lead to the potty?  Oh, yeah, I take after my Mommy. A nice custodian let us in the building and we found the bathroom.  Then she dragged us all over the school and realized the only part she really remembered was this hallway where she had her locker. She was super annoying. Up and down the halls. Up and down. Up and down. I made her carry me. If she was going to be boring, then I was going to be annoying.
Phew, then we busted out of there and headed over to Uncle Skunk's.  He wasn't there so we played  on the playground and then sat in traffic trying to go like one mile to see Shrek.  Despite traffic's best attempt, we made it in less than thirty minutes and found our seats. Comfy!
It was a great show and then we got to meet the cast. Mr. James and Vanessa did great in the show!
A talking donkey!
I met Shrek. The real Shrek!
Then we headed back to Grandma's and found a very stinky uncle and Aunt Holley!
Whenever we see them, my silly faces just JUMP out of my face.
I can't help it. My face just can't not be silly!
I can't believe how lucky we are that frozen yogurt places are everywhere in Virginia. Virginia really is for frozen yogurt lovers.

No comments: