Sunday, October 26, 2008

He Had Me At Hello

Saturday was a special day. Yeo and Joe made a trip from NYC to meet me for first time. We planned out a fantastic day of feasting and hope we have created a new tradition.

Welcome to my home! Let's eat, drink and be merry!



Yeo is Mommy's friend from high school. She is a super talented artist and wonders how she can remain friends with someone so uncreative as Mommy. Anyways, she married Joe, who is also an artist. He makes comic strips and this is my shameless plug suggesting you check out his work at http://www.digitalpimponline.com/.


Yeo is such a good sport. She held me and didn't even flinch when I chunked on her shirt. What a friend! Daddy taught her 'Boogey on down, Samantha' and we danced and danced while Mommy stuffed her face with baked brie. Whew, she wore me out!


Here I am a bit dejected for fear that I will never have such lovely cheekbones.


Joe thought I was cool, but wasn't so sure about holding me.



We had great food and conversation. Since I am the first baby in their circle of friends, Mommy and Daddy shared stories about my delivery and first few weeks at home. If they were thinking about having kids, they aren't anymore. Mommy shared our sign language adventures (or lack there of) and suggested Yeo consider fish oil supplements to make her baby smarter. Yeo expressed some hesitation at Mommy's brand of choice. Joe, the ever supportive husband, looked Mommy right the eye and nonchalantly said, "No offense, but we don't really know if your kid is smart." Finally, someone to put Mommy and her crazy notions in place!

I know that Henry and I have a special relationship and Joe is a married man, but he managed to capture my heart. Mommy let me stay at the table most of the day so I could feel part of the action and I couldn't stop staring at Joe. Thank goodness Yeo isn't the jealous type or things could have gotten ugly.


After the amazing meal I went down for a nap while the grown-ups tried their hand at deep fried Oreos. Daddy was the official quality control guy, but he escaped the camera so no pictures to document his contribution to the adventure. Everyone totally bonded over this delicious treat and gleefully planned the next gathering to try deep frying other tasty morsels.


Ah, Joe and Yeo enjoying the most perfect dessert.

So sad, but all good things must come to an end. Sweet Dreams!


No comments: