Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Play Date With A Little Cultural Lesson To Boot

I had a great day today. Mommy and I went to visit one of her former co-workers, Miss Kate, and Miss Kate's 13 month old son Nicholas. Ah, a friend who can easily walk. He is such a cool older man! He is so mild mannered and such fun. I sure hope we can together again really soon.
Nicholas has such a cool play room. Baby heaven!
They are Belarusian and primarily speak their native language at home. Miss Kate was super patient answering all of Mommy's questions about Belarus. I'm starting to feel like I'm the only baby who is learning just one language. Anyone have an extra Rosetta Stone set lying around that I can borrow?
To help me feel comfortable meeting my new friend, Mommy did the ol' stand-by trick of 'pants on the head'. I think it worked, how 'bout you?
Here Nicholas is checking out my baby grand piano that I brought along. How cool is it that a piano fits in Mommy's car? Not too many people can say that!


He is so laid back, it was super fun to hang out with him. He shared his cool boy toys with me. Who would have guessed how much fun cars are? I loved when they rolled towards me and I could even make them move on my own!
Here we are sharing the fun baby grand piano. Look at him smiling. Isn't he a cutie?
We also had so much fun eating the Gerber Graduates star food. Yummy! I had a bottle and he played with the bottle top. We got along really well.

Here I am focusing on Miss Kate as she talks to Nicholas in Belarusian. Try as I might, I wasn't able to learn too much of this language. Though it is as pretty as when Miss Ewa talks to me in Polish.
What a fun day. I sure can't wait to see them again!

No comments: