Monday, February 09, 2009

Wassailing- Foiled Again

A wassailing we will go. Yep, it was that kind of weekend. Mom and her out there ideas.

Dean came up for a visit and kept Mommy busy all day Saturday so Daddy and I could spend some quality time together. They went to a tea house. I'm not kidding. Dean is just that amazing of a friend to put up with Mommy all these years (since elementary school!) and still entertain her crazy ideas.

Daddy and I had a blast together. We played with blocks and the baby grand piano and the music table. And took a great nap. Life is great!

On Sunday we almost went to Tyler State Park, but then Mommy suggested Terhune Orchard. That's where we went for Halloween and I've been itching to see the goats again, so I bounced around and those who can drive realized that my vote had been cast. Off we went.

Here I am with my new hat on. I'm pulling Mommy's hair. One of us is entertained!

We got to Terhune and realized that the wassailing started much later. As we walked through mud three inches deep we decided to check out the animals and then scoot off to a tasty lunch.

Here we are by the tractor. Dean is deciding between smiling for the camera and finishing the super good apple cider donut. I think the donut option won out...
Here is the horse that let me pet it over Halloween. It was too muddy this time for it to come any closer. I don't blame the horse at all. What a mess!

Family shot. Mommy is using her tea mug to get me to look at the camera. She lost.




We scooted to Teddy's in Cranbury for a great lunch. There was a younger man there who totally hit on me. Five months and he kept smiling and laughing to get my attention. But, I was more into my bottle. I much prefer older men!
Sadly, it was time for Dean to head back to NoVa. Bye, Dean. We'll miss you!
Then Mommy and I took a nap. More specifically, she fell asleep as best she could and I took my rattle and bounced it on her head for about twenty minutes until I got so bored I fell asleep.
After dinner it was getting ready for bedtime. Naked time!
I've been into shadow puppets the past few weeks, so Mommy made a duck on the wall. I just think it's funny when she quacks. Daddy caught the moment on camera.


Then it was Daddy's turn to play with me.
Family shot. Yep, that is drool on my chin. Is my chin ever dry?

No comments: