Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ever since Mommy came home with my little sister, she has been attached to Mommy and I am super out of luck when it comes to Mommy and Samantha time.  This part just plain stinks, let me tell ya'!

Lucky duck that I am, Mommy showed up at school this afternoon without Chrissy and surprised me with plans to head over to Babies R Us.  True, we were headed there to pick up baby stuff for Chrissy, but it was just Mommy and Samantha.  So, though I totally lost my primo status in the family, I'll take whatever Mommy alone time I can get.
What does a toddler do when faced with endless walks up and down each aisle contemplating whether this product or that is best for Chrissy?  That's a no brainer.  Ask for a treat!  Mommy totally took pity on me and said 'yes' to grape fruit leather. Score!

Then we headed home to this sleeping beauty.

And even after some Samantha lovin' she seemed totally unphased.


So, earning no reaction for my efforts, I moved on and set up my bear and monkey for a kickin' tea party while Mommy fed Chrissy.  Boy, this sister of mine can eat us out of house and home.  I'm totally serious. She's moving up to size 1 diapers already!  Jeez, she's an honest to goodness, eating and pooping machine.

When it was Dora time, I took no chances.  I asked for my monkey mittens.  

And promptly assumed my prime Dora watching postion.



Did Daddy watch Dora with me?  Nope.  He watched Chrissy watch him.  Boring!


At least until she freaked out.  Then it got interesting. Mommy watched until she took pity on a helpless Daddy.

And used her special powers for good and calmed Chrissy down so we could watch Dora in peace.

Take note of this event.  It's the once in a lifetime event.  Burping Chrissy!

And it worked.  Look who's totally zonked out!

Oh, and to totally toot my own horn, I can officially put on my coat, hat and mittens all by myself.

No comments: