Friday, February 25, 2011

The Overdressed Vs The Underdressed

Mommy got me up this morning and read me the riot act to be totally silent because Daddy was in the family room sleeping on the couch.

Daddy picked me up from school and I went downstairs to find Mommy and Chrissy.  Mommy was working, yeah the crazy lady only took five days maternity leave!  Chrissy was sleeping in her bouncer and was so super cute that I couldn't resist bending over and giving her a semi-gentle kiss on the forehead.

What would a post be without a quick snapshot of the little one on her activity map.  Being an infant is boring.

I much prefer the spontaneity and freedom of toddlerworld.  It's a planet I've wholeheartedly embraced.  Thankfully, Emily is firmly in my world.  She came over for pizza and I was super stoked.

Thankfully, toddlerworld is a place that Elmo likes, too.


After Emily and I got our ballerina on, we ran around the house non-stop and I even had to break out the monkey mittens when my fingers wandered into unmentionable places on my face. After Emily went home to sleep in her bed, Mommy and Chrissy headed to the kitchen for bath time.  I think they're trying the technique of getting her all relaxed in hopes of her realizing it's nighttime and that means sleep time.  You see, she totally has her days and nights all messed up.  That's something that never happened to me.  Champion Sleeper Samantha, 1.  Champion Non-Sleeper Christina, 0.
I know you can't really tell, but she's screaming her heart out.

Whatever.  She doesn't have nearly as much hair as I did as an infant.  Why is Mommy wasting her time washing Chrissy's 'hair'?
Ah, Chrissy's signature 'put your dukes up' pose.
I think their strategy might have worked.  Guess who totally zonked out after bath time?

No comments: