Friday, September 19, 2014

Rough Waters

I am having a problem.  I forget my homework. A lot.  Like everyday. And everyday Mommy growls and grabs her car keys, we hop in the car and I apologize. We get to school and Mommy asks permission to go to my locker to get my forgotten homework. The office makes her promise not to go in the classroom, which Mommy totally lies and says we would never go in the classroom.  Yeah, I'm not supposed to lie, but I also know that Mommy went right to Miss Shafranski and told her that she had to lie to get my homework and, by the way, it is completely unacceptable for my desk to be as outrageously messy as it is.  It's really rough being a first grader. Miss Shafranski even took a bunch of my things from my desk and stored it in her closet so my desk wouldn't look so bad and Mommy still thinks it looks awful.

Soooooo, Mommy told me to problem solve. I thought and thought and thought and came up with an idea.  I made myself a note and brought it to school and asked Miss Shafranski if I could please have some tape and this is what I did. It says 

Remember my homework. 
I LOVE you!


Then we had our first Daisy meeting.  25 girls makes for an interesting troop. All troop meetings must be followed with dinner. Teddy's it is!

Sus and I snagged a table for two.

Sarah had a blast too.

No comments: