Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Great Unstoppable SMB

Team SMB-2
Team Mommy-0

We're on our own this weekend because Daddy is still in San Diego. To make the morning more interesting, I dug deep down and unleashed the power of SMB.

First, I busted through the baby gate that Mommy forgot to close and bolted up the stairs in my never ending quest to go see kitty cat.

This is me 'bolting' up the stairs. Catch me if you can!

So what? My legs are short. It takes me a while.

Victorious! Team SMB-1, Team Mommy-0.


Real jewelry? That's for girly girls. I prefer the chunky bracelets from my toy box.


Mommy doesn't let me have Nuks (pacifiers if you must) during the day anymore. Just for sleeping, teething and total meltdown issues. There were two lying around my room that I made a beeline for. She grabbed them and tossed them under my crib. Silly Mommy. Nothing will keep me from my first love.

I'm a bit too big to crawl under the front of my crib when the railing is lowered.

What's a baby to do? Get creative! Just a few more strides and you're all mine!

Pluck!

Uh-oh. Seems there isn't enough room to hang out under my crib.




Baby emerges triumphantly from crib with two Nuks! Team SMB-2, Team Mommy-0.

Well rested? Check.

Off to the Blueberry Bash at Terhune Orchards. It was a great time, but not nearly as much fun as it normally is when we go as a Krempa-Burt family.

To make up for the lack of father figure, Mommy marched us right into their store and snatched up a cider donut. Yes, I can be bribed.

I should mention that Mommy was our photographer of the day.

Unprofessional shot #1

Unprofessional shot #2


Seriously, Daddy, why do you leave on the weekend when you know she gets silly ideas in her head about dressing me up for 'field trips'?

Then we headed to Target to clean them out of banana mango and banana peach raspberry jars of SMB food. Yes, that is all the baby food that I will tolerate straight up.

After we went back home for an afternoon nap, we headed to the swings in our neighborhood park. I love the swings and the feel of the wind through my mop of curls. On the way back home, we stopped at the mailbox.

If anyone wants to know why Mommy and Daddy won't be checking their mail anytime soon, check out this video clip.




Can anyone figure out why Mommy and Daddy think I'll enjoy a big girl piano?

No comments: