Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Wow, Daddy's first Father's Day. Super exciting. From the moment I woke up this morning, I wanted to spend lots of time with him. Unfortunately, his idea of a great Father's Day started out a bit differently. He slept in while Mommy and I perused the aisles of Wegmans and learned how to swindle free diet coke with lime out of the supermarket chain. (By swindle I mean correct the computer system that didn't reflect the price on the shelves. 50% back plus one pack free? Score!)

Daddy was awake when we got back so we rushed into the dining room, not an athlete's sprint in this house, and sat down to card opening time and present giving time. First it was time to open the card that I carefully picked out at Target.

No, Daddy. You're too slow. Let me help you.

It says "How does a peaceful, relaxing, stress-free Father's Day sound?" The inside has cotton balls and says "put these in your ears". Ha Ha Ha! I crack myself up!

Here I am helping him read the card.

And helping him grab those cotton balls for his ears.


For a brief moment I got super sappy, though I'll totally deny it tomorrow. I told him- You are the bestest Daddy in the world and I am so lucky you're all mine. I love all the walks you take me on and games you play with me. I love that you make me laugh and fly me around the house. I love that you don't let Mommy stay serious all the time. I love that you teach me things like states and elements on the periodic table. Whew, that's enough of that sappy stuff.

Next it was time to open the gift that I made at school. I am super proud of the wrapping job.



Hurry, up. I sure want to show you what I made for you!


Mommy spent the weekend rattling the box, but was super confused. You see, I know her history of being sneaky so Miss Kim and I schemed to misguide the snoop. We took chocolate kisses and put them in the painted box with the real present. It worked. She didn't have a clue!

Here is the present that was permanently bestowed upon the refrigerator.

By then I was a pooped pumkin and headed off for my morning nap. Good thing Daddy was there to when I woke up. Hooray for Daddy!


Seriously, could two people be any happier? I don't think so!


We then took a family field trip to Target to start weighing our options for my birthday present. There sure are a lot of toys to pick from. Oh, the choices!

For dinner Mommy and Daddy continued celebrating with Daddy's favorite dinner- hamburgers. I stuck with my tried and true. Wheat pasta, swiss cheese and peas.

What can I get in my tiny little hand?


You mean food is supposed to be on the inside of my human hand spoon? Maybe that's been my issue all along.

My cheeks are super stuffed. Guess I'm getting ready for winter!

No comments: