Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rebel Without A Nap

Did you know that Mommy has unrealistic expectations of me? If she had her way I'd be speaking fluent Japanese and running marathons by my birthday in a few weeks.

Imagine her disappointment when she picks me up at the end of the day and hears things like "Samantha only wanted one nap", "Samantha refused to take her sippy cup", "Samantha refused to eat", "Samantha thinks everything is funny and is going to hurt herself hurling off the toys".

I even got busted for trying to play with my cellmate, Grace. She has the crib next to me and I try to play with her between the slats and get a stern talking to. The grownups try to ignore me, but they always look over and I'm right there with a toothless grin. No sleep here!

Here is a pictorial of how naptime goes these days. I think Miss Kim is exaggerating a bit. I mean I sleep some and don't show my mischievous side too much. Thank goodness for cameras to catch the REAL truth. You be the judge!
What makes you think I'm skipping out of my beauty rest?
Is that Bridget coming down the hall to visit me?
Grace- wanna play cards? How 'bout go fish?
I might need to gnaw my way out of nap time.

But seriously, I'm coming into my own and don't care what Mommy writes on my tattler in the morning. I'm a free bird and don't want to follow her schedule. This kiddo needs to stay in the action at school. Too many friends and toys to play with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO FOR IT KIDDO! Fight the power! Unless the power is DADDY!!