Friday, October 30, 2009

Monkeys Jumping On The Bed

My favorite book and song these days is 'no more monkeys jumping on the bed'. So what better costume for Halloween than a monkey? Mommy picked me up from school so I could visit Daddy and show off his pride and joy. Not his car, silly. Me! That's right, this here baby dressed up as a monkey for about four whole minutes before announcing to Daddy's ENTIRE company that I was totally finished with dress up. Yeppers, we had to take a detour outside to catch a breather. Talk about embarassing!

You can totally tell that Daddy is an official Daddy by the way he looks the camera dead on, smiling as if monkey (that's me) isn't being the little bugger that I am. Rock on!



After making a spectacle of myself on the first floor, totally filled with super nice and understanding co-workers, we headed upstairs to visit with Auntie G. I took one look at the 'do not distub' sign on her closed door and asked Daddy to lift me up in the window. Totally busted up that meeting! Then we spent some quality time with Auntie G.

But first it was cuddle time with Daddy.


After a moment of calm, I dug deep down inside and pulled out the 'Vanessa' side of me, turned on the charm and became Social Samantha. Here I am posing with Daddy and Auntie G.


Then Daddy started acting like a total fool at work and sang silly songs to me. I responded in kind with a silly face and super silly laugh. With my shoes right where they belong, thank you very much inventor of velcro.


If the monkey can't get to the jungle gym, then Samantha brings the jungle gym to the monkey. Hooray for people who understand the importance of fun!



I was born to be at the top of the cheerleader pyramid!


Classic Mommy moment thinking I'm going to hurt myself. As if!


So, I totally missed the infant parade to the fountain and back in the stroller. Truth be told, that stinks but I'm super grateful for time with Daddy and his work buddies. They are the bestest and I don't get to see them often enough. Mommy took me back to school where I hung out with Addison, a former infanter and current toddlerviller, until the infant room filled back up with costumed up, pooped out babies. Here I am trying to stay out of the way until the babies (what babies!) were safely in dreamland.
Dude, I am a born stacker. Hope this becomes and Olympic event by 2026.

No comments: