Friday, March 26, 2010

Southward!

Today was quite the day.  Daddy got home in the neighborhood of 2am.  Both parents didn't sleep too well.  Me?  Slept like a Samantha should, well and all night long!

Mommy and I woke up late and rushed about the house to pack and get everything in the car.  Daddy left for work and us girls made the executive decision to stop by Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast.  I swear to you that will buy any grown-up a solid sixty minutes of Samantha peace and quiet.  Vistors take note!

We ended up making it to Maryland about an hour late, but thankfully Miss Stacy kindly waited to eat brunch with us.  We ended up at an amazing restaurant called Eggspectations that served a menu to rival Cheesecake Factory. Oh, and I earned us two free smoothies for being the cute baby of the day.  I am cute, aren't I!

I totally fed myself my kid's meal brunch of eggs and toast, rounded out by milk with a straw. After all, I'm practically two and on my way to the old folks home!

We then went to Grandma and Grandpa's house when Mommy tried to take a nap while Joshua (puppy dog!) and I did everything to keep her away.  We won and ended up heading over to our playdate a little early. 

Hello, Elizabeth and Vanessa!  I sure missed you!!

Not only did they welcome me with open arms, but they shared their toys super well.  I'd like to say that I learned a bit more about sharing, but in reality I'm still Miss Mine these days. Check out this amazing girlie bike.  I'm totally diggin' the feminine roughin' it side of life.


Oops, did that internal timer go off?  Time to rotate toys.  Boy, this sharing is a lot more work than I thought it would be!

Yet somehow worth it when you see the happy look on your friend's face.  Yay for sharing!

Is that a lemon I taste?  Nope, just the look of complete concentration as I attempt to shove a ball large than my mouth into said mouth.  Yes, Mommmy DOES get embarassed that she raises me.  Whatever!

Hmmm, spoke too soon. The sharer only gets one phone.  Samantha, the non-sharer, gets many more.  

Ta-Da!  I made it into the castle.  Just call me Princess Samantha!


Seriously, I had the bestest time with Vanessa and Elizabeth.  Vanessa tried to teach me how to hop.  She taught Elizabeth, but Elizabeth is much older than I am.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  We read books and made spaghetti out of play-dough- we're all chef's in the play-dough kitchen!  We had a great snack of yogurt and graham crackers for me and grapes on the side for the fruit eaters.  Seriously- fruit?  

Their Daddy came home just before we left and we showed him our great tricks with the castle, singing songs and puzzles.  We're amazingly talented kids, if I permit myself to be humble for a second or two!  We all talked about how much fun it's going to be when they come visit us in June.  Mommy even told a Paul Bunyon tale or two about New Jersey being cooler than New York and the Statue of Liberty really being in the garden state.  Now Vanessa can't wait to visit us even more!

Sadly we had to go, but we had family time ahead.  Mommy just about fell out down the stairs when their Mommy started dinner from scratch.  That never happens in our house! How does their Mommy find time to be a saint?  Wonder if she wants a loaner kid for the summer?

No comments: