Saturday, March 27, 2010

Goats Just Love Me!


Greetings from NoVa.  That's northern Virginia to those who aren't from the area.  I woke up bright and early, shared a great breakfast with my four-legged uncle, Joshua, and then got all bundled up for a cold day at the Reston Zoo.  

Pony rides?  Not without my Mommy and they only let kids up to 65 pounds parade around the ring.  That totally knocked Mommy out of the ticket booth.  Darnnit- next year!  

I settled for Grandpa petting the pony and me watching.


Can you see the pretty birds behind us?  Super cool!

Oink, oink!
My turn.  Pigs aren't so scary as long as you're on the outside of the food cup. 


Same goes for the the goats, but man, are there a lot of them all comin' at me at once.


We now pause for an all important photo op.








Wanna guess what I'm looking at?  A super cool animal whose name totally escapes me, but trust me- it was super cool!




Check out those horns!

















Anyone know what kind of animal this is?


Thank goodness for Grandma protecting me from big horned animals way bigger than me!


Totally cool picture of me with Grandma and Grandpa.  See the family resemblance?


Did you know camels are huge and their humps grow bigger and shrink depending on how much they eat and drink?  Kinda like my belly!





We had such a fab time, but it was time for this here kiddo's nap time.  So, back to home we went.  Grandpa took this time to ask me the usual serious life questions.


And I replied with as much seriousness as I could possibly muster.  I should also add that we stopped by McDonald's so Mommy could snag caffeine and I ended up with my very first, very own Happy Meal.  All I cared about were the fries.  Daddy would be so disappointed that I snubbed his favorite eating establishment.



After a fantabulous nap we all headed out for a walk and went to the neighborhood park.  There I showed off my amazing slide-climbing skills.




No help needed.



Seriously....





Hooray for the fearless toddler.  That's me!

We had our fill on the slide and then headed over to the swings.  Grandma took her position.




And Grandpa took his.  This visit rocks!


And got even better when I got to use the big kid swing with Grandma!

No comments: