Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pancakes and Water Slides on Father's Day

Today was kinda a big deal in our house. I simply adore Daddy and today is his official holiday so we can spend lots of time with him. We kicked off the day by walking while Daddy slept in. Then promptly at 8am, we headed back in the house and kidnapped Daddy for a pancake breakfast. Yummy! We came home for an early nap and then headed out to the neighborhood pool... Where I discovered the twisty water slide.

And loved it!



I must have gone down the slide a bazillion times before the lifeguards called adult swim. This was a new concept to west coast, pool in my backyard growing up Daddy. So we hit the kiddie pool. It's super deep. See how it comes up to my hips-ish?


See the number in the background? Nine inches- told ya it was deep waters!
Adult swim over! I'm ready to jump back in the big kid pool!
Here I am taking time out for Daddy kisses.
Lots and lots of kisses- It's Daddy's Day, remember?
As we headed out of the pool we realized one of my plugs fell out. Can you imagine looking for a flesh colored ear plug in this huge pool? It wasn't easy, but with lots of help from new friends, we headed home happy.

And then it was time for Mommy cuddles and Barney.
Then I ditched her for serious Barney bonding.
My favorite Barney watching position.
Daddy, hope you enjoyed your special day as much as I did. Love you!

No comments: