Monday, August 22, 2011

Quack, Quack!

Today was a huge milestone in so many ways.  I went to six month check up and learned the awful truth.  Doctors are out to get babies.  Mommy complained that I slept through the night like a champ until I started rolling over and now I wake up in the middle of the night and demand to nurse.  Dr G totally blindsided me by blessing the cry it out method.  Bad, bad doctor!

Oh, and I got two vaccines. One shot and one oral, which meant that I puked three times at school.  That's a one way ticket to an early pick up.  As soon as we arrived back home I put my healthy hat back on and played and played with Mommy.  It's amazing what a miraculous recovery I can make with Mommy's  undivided attention!  We even went for an afternoon stroll before picking up Samantha at school.  We stopped by to say hi to Miss Kim and tell her that I'm all better and just played a puking trick on her.

On the way home Samantha kept telling us that she was being chased by a monster, a scary monster.
 
Mommy had a 'a ha' moment when she realized that I'm totally too big for the infant tub and it's high time for a quacking duck tub.
 
Here I am giving it a test drive on dry land.

Then we headed right upstairs for a wet run.  Samantha was too cool for bathtime so she took the ducky toys and slipped on her shades.
And showed them off with pride!
Here I am waiting for the water to warm up.  Cold water makes me pee.  Mommy doesn't like that at all, but I don't mind!
This whole duck tub experience is totally different when I'm naked with water in the tub!
Yikes!  So many changes.

Heaven help me tonight.  If you hear screams in the night- it's me.  Come find and save me!

No comments: