Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Payback For The Kick Me Sign On Mommy's Back. Yikes!

Today is Aunt Travis' birthday.  Is he really our aunt?  Nope, but that's what Chrissy calls him and Mommy stopped correcting her after he put a 'kick me' sign on Mommy's back.  Oops!

For his birthday, we made the big fat turkey (my nickname for him!).

But first, Christina in the family rocking chair with her new favorite Katy Duck book.

Happy Birthday, You Big Fat Turkey!



Princess Palace!

Wait! I need a crown!
Score!

Now, time to shake, rattle and roll!


Yay!


Even Christina got into it!
Now, this is how you do it!

Sister power!



This is really, really fun! I think their disco ball is the best!

Scooch, scooch!


After a great class, we went to the kid's section and had a lot of fun. Mommy went through their cookbooks and gave them to Uncle Bob to check out. Their selection of vegan cookbooks is way better than the libraries by us.  And Mommy found a kid in the cooking section that was playing hide and seek with his Mommy but forgot to tell his Mommy.  Yeah, Mommy jumped right in and told this kid the rules of hide and seek, east coast style.



Then, we headed hoem for naps.  It took Mommy forever to get Christina to settle down because she was singing the days of the week at the top of her lungs. Only she was doing it all wrong and Mommy finally had to wake me up and teach her the right way to sing. Oh, boy!

Then, after a three hour nap it was off to the swings at the park.  We met people who lived in Arizona for ten years and promised us it's never rained three days in a row before.  Well, call us lucky...

I can't wait until Christina is old enough to hold on super tight and we can really fly.
Just me and my dinosaur.

And Christina and Addison!

For dinner we went to Scottsdale and ate at Dr. Weil's restaurant. Healthy pizza?  Sign me up!
Then, we went shopping and Aunt Helen introduced me to the best concept in the whole wide world.  Souvenirs.

Mommy rarely buys us things and we know to ask just to hold things in the store and put them back on our way out the door. But, Aunt Helen?  She said I needed a stuffed giraffe to help me remember my trip to Arizona.  What I really, really needed was Mommy to remember to pack blue elephant on our trip since she made me sleep all by myself.  Thank goodness for Aunt Helen!

No, I didn't bring this super cool hat home with me.  Maybe for my birthday....
Check out puzzles!
What does a monkey say?
Way too much fun going on!
As if the day couldn't get any better?  Ice cream at Sweet Republic! Mommy asked them why they are closed on Monday.  They aren't. Turns out that I'm the only one qualified to teach Christina the days of the week because Mommy messed up reading the sign.
Yummy!



Christina loves ice cream.

Don't get between her and her spoon or she'll bite you!
UB and I take a more relaxed approach to ice cream!

No comments: