Saturday, January 12, 2013

Upsies And Downsies

There is a lot going on today.  Christina and Daddy left early for The Little Gym.  My class started a bit later, but I was so nervous that we went early so I could hang out in the lobby and feel better.

We walked into the art center and I was instructed to put my name on a label in case I got lost.  Small label, long name.  Oh, boy.  Thank goodness I was dressed in my power Rapunzel undies (you can't see!) and my Hello, Kitty power sweater and my super special snowflake necklace.  Bring it on!
For our first class, we had to draw an apple.  One hour, one apple. Oh, boy.  I'm four.  That's a long time for one apple.  We started with a square and that's about the time Mommy said 'see ya later'.
When she came back, she found me with this here beauty.

It was a great effort, classmates!

Can you see the worm eating the apple?


On the way home, I told Mommy I didn't like the class because it was new.  I'm like that.  We also talked about how much I don't like her picking me up from school early because they have a Hello, Kitty coloring book.  I didn't know this, but turns out Mommy did an inventory of our coloring books at home last night.

Princesses, check.
Fairies, check.
Curious George, check.
Bubble Friends, check.
My Little Pony, check.
Animals, check.
Sesame Street, check.
Fancy Nancy, check.
Strawberry Shortcake, check.
Exacerbated Mommy, check.

Hello, Kitty? Nope.

So, when she asked me if I would stop crying at pick up time if we could sneak in some Hello, Kitty coloring time at home before dinner, I gleefully shouted, "YES!"

Mommy called Daddy and asked if he needed anything at Target. He said "no" but he had to go to Wal-Mart and could he pick up the coloring book.  I told her that he wouldn't get the right one.  So, she told him he wasn't qualified.  Then, he asked if he could take me to Wal-Mart.  I said "no".

So, Mommy and I went to Target and bought every Hello, Kitty book there was. I'm not sharing with Jaws, no matter what.

When we arrived home, Daddy shared with us these great pictures of Christina at The Little Gym.  She was so excited that Zacky is there with her.  This isn't Zacky in the picture, but knowing he's there gave her a pep to her step.


Running step, that is.


Flop!

I think she went a jumpin' here!
And quickly flopped again.


I remember bubble time.  It was my favorite!



Back home and well rested, we convinced Mommy it was play time before we went to select a present for Aunt Nancy. Christina refused to pose without sunglasses.





She kinda thinks she is a movie star.
Well, I'm pretty sure Mommy was about at the end of her rope.  Christina made lots and lots of bad choices at the mall.  I think her listening ears hopped on last night's plane to California.  She ran out of every store and Mommy had a really hard time shopping.  Me?  Well, when she noticed I was missing and called out my name, two store helpers popped out of nowhere to tell her that I was resting comfortably on the bed.  She asked if it was a display only bed and I think they lied to her because the felt so bad about Christina's bad choices that they said I could hang out there as long as I wanted.

The only time we both made good choices?  The store with a tv.....

Well, I did it.  I finished a 299 piece puzzle practically by myself.  The missing piece?  Only Chrissy knows where it is and she flat out refused to divulge.  She's secret service in training.


No comments: