Friday, January 11, 2013

The Right Response Everytime

Mommy had a rough night.  Christina woke up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to sleep for a long time.  Mommy finally grabbed a pillow and blanket and spent the night on the floor in Christina's room.  When Christina woke up in the morning at 5am, Mommy shh'd her and it worked.  With all the noise, I woke up so Mommy and I snuck downstairs for some snuggle time on the couch.

We talked about my new babysitter tonight and all the fun I was going to have at school today.  On the way to make some waffles, I looked up at her and said, "want to know what happened last night?"

What, honey?

I throwed up.

Really?

Yes.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Where?

In my bed.

Can you show me?  (insert Mommy's expression of disbelief)

(So, here is where I showed her my throwed up covered camping blanket.)

Yeppers, you sure did.  Did you call me?

No.

Why not?

Cuz.

And, there you have it.  The absolute right response to every question, every time.

At school, we livened things up by getting to our classroom penguin-style. Waddle, waddle, hop. Sure, it took a bit longer, but everyone who saw us smiled a bit more than usual at 7am on a Friday.  You're welcome!

Christina must have kept penguins on the brain, because look at her choice for reading time.


Next up?  Emily came to stay with us.  Not my bestie, silly. My babysitter!  Mommy and Daddy are celebrating the 10th anniversary of their first date by going to Teresa's for dinner.  Emily came to stay with us and Christina is totally smitten.  She took to our new babysitter like a duck to water.  Phew, makes my evening so much better to not have to listen to her cry for hours.  She can, trust me!

Emily let me paint and gave stickers to Christina.  Score!

Mommy and Daddy took separate pictures of each other and did the collage app thingy (I'm not sure what I'm talking about here) to make it seem like they posed for the picture together. I'm not buying it either, but I can tell you that they sure love each other and us girls very much and we're super lucky to celebrate such a special milestone in their relationship.  Hooray!

No comments: