Friday, August 20, 2010

Besties

I know the Friday night posts are getting boring and all, but I really do love my evenings with Emmy. Call me a fuddy duddy for having a ritual at the ripe age of 25 months, but it's really a blast. I start looking forward to Friday night fun and ask for Emmy all week long.

Here's our Hallmark moment on the way from pizza to the firehouse.

Wish I could show you pictures of us riding the fire truck and ambulance- two of my favorite things- but the parents seem to forget the camera on the few occasions that the fire house is open on a Friday night. Trust me- it's the things two year old's dreams are made of. Riding in the driver's seat of a fire truck is my ultimate fun thing to do these days.

After the fire house and a quick diaper change we head back into town for ice cream and a water break. It sure is a hot summer! Emmy's focused on getting water in her belly while I wonder how much water will spill through the bench slats after cascading off my leg. Maybe I'm a scientist in the making.
Oh, Mom. How dare you imply my ice cream is all gone.
I'll just grab yours then!
The best part of the week? I learned how to jump. For real. No joke. A real, clear the ground jump. It's been a long time coming and I'm going to jump all I can. Bring on the Band-Aids!

No comments: