Saturday, August 07, 2010

Rides, Swim Toys and Dress Up Galore

Daddy had things to do this morning so Mommy popped me in the car and we headed to the Philly Zoo. Does this look like a girl who would rather stay home? No way! I'm super pumped to go see the animals!

This is how excited I get to know we are members at the zoo!
We rode the swan ride around the pond. Have I told you I really don't believe in water safety. Those darned life jackets are too suffocating. Enough of that ride!

Keeping cool in the shade while I wait my turn to ride the draft horse. A real life horse! Not just a pony, but a horse and it's not my first time. I'm an experienced rider. But no pictures because Mommy rode this one with me and the horse was against walking and snapping pictures.
Here I am on the jaguar at the carousel - seriously one of the best toddler rides ever.
I'm such a big girl and I love it!
We checked out the train and I hunkered down with my chips (freeze dried fuji apples) while the train went around and around while ringing its bell. This is getting me really excited for our Christmas adventure that's a comin' up really soon!
Faster!
After all those great rides and a quick trip to the children's zoo to see baby chickies and bunny rabbits, we made a quick detour to the primate house to see the monkeys. And the organutangs hang out as a family. Can you see Daddy, Mommy and Baby? Too cute!
Sadly, it was time to head home for a nap. But, when I woke up Daddy surprised me with a trip to the pool. Yay! Here I am sporting my ear bandit and super cute pink swim suit and my ever growing buddha belly.
Did I mention that my throwing arm is getting pretty good these days? Here I am throwing my floaty toy (which was later taken to a new home by someone who must have loved it more than I ever could- meanie) across the pool and then swimming after it.
I'm getting really good!
See the floaty mid-air?
As if we didn't do enough today, we went home and Daddy went outside to water the garden. I got all dressed up and went out to surprise him. This is one of the perks to living in the country. I can wear whatever I want and no one sees me. Aren't I a cutie in my skirt hiked up to be a dress with a matching necklace?
I think I look a little like Pebbles from the Flintstones. What do you think?

No comments: