Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bar MItzvah Receptions Rock My World!

Woke up this morning thinking it was going to be a lazy Sunday, but then I spied some plannin' happening around me. It was totally cold outside yet we popped into the car and headed to Mercer Park. That is total code for 'run Samantha ragged and pray she takes an early nap.' No, I'm so no jokin'. Thankfully, Daddy is the bestest playground buddy around and still fits through the tunnels.

First it was the slides. "Daddy, where are you?"

Then it was me time on the slides. The secret? Mittens help you slide down faster!
Which leads to one super happy toddler.
Yes, I'm totally standing on one of the those things that you roll a coin around and around and then the doohicky eats your money. Hope I'm not next!Then it was off to a super early nap time, a rushed shower, rockin' pony tails and dress before a ride into Trenton. What is going on? Daddy explained that we were a headed to a bar mitzvah reception.

Truth be told, I'm not totally sure what Daddy was talking about. It sure looked like a party to me and there were so many treats and games, it was better than an amusement park!

Here I am hunkered down in front of CAKE. And wearing a bib to keep my dress as pretty as possible.
What is that? A second fork on MY cake?
Bad Daddy! Get your own!
That's much better! And, yes I totally ate an entire piece by myself. A feat in both coordination and stomach stretching.
Then it was time to head out to the dance floor where there was rockin' music, flashing lights and a strange birdie on the screen bopping around like a dancin' fool. Here's the dancin' fool on the dance floor.
Make that two fools. Life doesn't get better than this, unless you can get Mommy to join us!
Seriously, I totally want to take boppin' birdie home with me!
Or at least these balloons.
Think anyone will notice?
What an amazing reception! I loved the air hockey, playing Miss Pac Man for the first time ever, getting a characture picture of myself, taking silly pictures in an old fashioned booth, spending time with Daddy's friends and livin' the life of a blessed toddler. Did I mention the gracious host who sent us home with light up toys and a huge honkin' piece of chocolate in the shape of a doggie bone?

PS- not all the balloons made it the whole night. I learned about how fragile they are and don't like to be bitten like my other toys.

No comments: