Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bill Nye The Science Guy Visits Mayberry On Thanksgiving

I have a lot of thoughts and feelings these days and where my words may fail me, my body language steps up and takes one for the team.

Can you tell I'm annoyed with Mommy and don't want to listen to her?

We're attempting to make brownies, but I wasn't sure about this whole hand washing thing. I mean, seriously, what happened to the philosophy that a little bug or two can't hurt you? Mommy doesn't believe in that school of thought. Her school is annoying and she's way bigger than me, so you can bet I washed my hands to the tune of my A,B,Cs before touching anything food related!
My job was to unwrap the Symphony candy bars. They go in between two layers of brownie mix and cook up to be something special. If you like brownies and all, that is. Truth be told I'm not much of a sweets lover, yet.
I did it all by myself!
After an amazing cooking session with Mommy, I rediscovered my science kit in the foyer/art closet. I brought it over to Mommy and we decided it was Science Time. We decided to see what happens when you take a baking soda base and add things like milk, lemon juice and other liquids. Hint, the lemon juice causes the mixture to bubble over the cup, which is super fun and super messy. Score!
Here I am stirring the milk and baking soda. Snoozer.
Mommy did something silly to annoy me. Wanna hear my newest canned response? "No, Mommy. No do that. I'll tell your mother." It goes over oh so well.

Then I went down for one of my much coveted naps. I think naps are the most special thing in the world and I hope that they never stop being part of my weekends.

When I woke up, Daddy put me in this super cute pink dress and did my hair up all nice (or as nice as my curls would allow) and we headed over to Bridget's house for Thanksgiving.

Where did Pepper and Tory (the super cute doggies) go?
Bridget's Mommy understands the importance of kids being kids and being with kids so she very kindly let me sit with my buds. My Mommy would never have allowed that. And now you know why we went to Bridget's for Thanksgiving!
Turns out that I totally love wrestling!
And, of course, horseback riding! Notice the apron. Nice touch, I think.
Racing to the finish line.
Switching sports- I hopped in the car to race around the most amazing toy room I've ever seen.
Just Bridgie and me- I totally adore her!
Will this camera in my face ever go away?
Taking dolly for a stroll while Bridget smiles for the camera.
It was an amazing day. Thanksgiving is so much fun and we just love spending time with Bridget's family. Danny is so much fun and super patient with me. Mommy asked when he can start babysitting me. I sure hope soon!

No comments: