Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mid-Week Treat

Mommy kept it a secret all week, but this morning she surprised me with the gift of sleeping in and skipping school this morning. Today was a chance for us to make up a missed class at The Little Gym.

Katie was there with both of her parents- turns out her Daddy had the holiday off- and she showed me just how much fun missing the opening circle time can be. We practically ruled the roost with all the gym equipment and those kiddos who abide by the rules of the game.

I even did the skill of the day, which was super adventurous and super unusual for me. We rolled on a sideways circle and then did a somersault on the cheese wedge. Talk about a day of being outside of the box!

By the time we got in the car, I was literally begging for a nap. But, nopers, it was time to head to school for lunch before naptime. Have I told you that I can't go without my nap and prefer it to anything else in the world? It's true. If I'm even slightly tired, school is quick to note on my report card that I was grumpy and didn't want to have lunch before sleep. Of course!

No comments: