Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Big TWO

It's finally here. The big day.  My entrance into the terrible twos.  I met with the council overnight and gleefully accepted my responsibility as a member of this fine club.  Fuss, fuss, fuss.  I can do it!

My first pictures as a two year old.  Mommy is way older than two, but her lap is so cozy so she gets to be in my picture.

Samantha wanted in on the fun, too.  Love you!

After much begging from the NoVa based family, we decided to head on down for some great family time and snuggles.  It was kinda a long ride, but totally worth it.  I'm kinda obsessed with talking to Aunt Holley on the phone every week.  I grab the phone and run like a bat out of hell to FaceTime with her and Aunt Travis and Nibby. The only thing I'm not so good at?  Aiming the phone at anything useful.  So, AH and AT spend a lot of FaceTime staring at my belly and listening to me giggle. It's a good life and you know you're jealous!

Onto the festivities, I just woke up from a nap so you can't tell I'm stoked, but I am.  Love you!

Then AH and AT took Samantha on a field trip to the pottery place and they made a super cute unicorn and AT tried to teach Samantha E=MC squared.  Why?  Cuz Mommy gave him the smackdown on cursing in front of us youngins .  It worked and all had a great time.  Then, they took her for ice cream and she picked rainbow.  Rainbow ice cream, I tell you. I'm totally jealous.  AH and UT did a great job making sure that Samantha felt special this weekend since everything else is about me and my special birthday.  I mean, it's not everyday that a kiddo turns TWO!



We threw a super big party with super great friends.  And everyone sang happy birthday to ME. ME. ME.  Hooray.  And it happened. It really happened. I rocked blowing out the candle all by myself on the very first try.  This is going to be my year.




It was so great to see everyone.  The kiddos made great purses and ate lots of chips and pirate's booty. It was awesome.  Oh, and I might have knocked Daddy's socks off when I counted to twenty by myself.  Yeppers, I pay attention when Samantha teaches me things during our car trips!

Wow, did they really say that?


Really, Daddy?

Hot dog!


Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa for opening up your home to our friends and family for such a special party.  I loved it, just loved it!

Then, Mommy and Daddy snuck off to a show in DC while Grandma let us sleep with Joshua.  It was called Sucker for Love and I couldn't think of a better show for the two of them.

Mr. Dean is one of Mommy's besties and she is super lucky to have two Valentine's this year.


No comments: