Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Treats

Easter Saturday was super special because I got to meet Vanessa and Elizabeth, daughters of Mommy's friend from high school, Mr James and his wife, Miss Sarah. Their mommy has been super kind in giving parenting advice to my Mommy, who would be lost without such great support!
Vanessa is three, so she was able to take part in a real easter egg hunt around the house. She was so active and intent on finding her eggs that Mommy wasn't able to capture the frenzied fun on camera. Bummer!
What slowpoke did photograph was the more tame egg hunt approach taken with Elizabeth (10.5 months) and me (9 months).
We each had a basket. Elizabeth's and mine were filled with a few eggs stuffed to the brim with yogurt melts. Elizabeth tore through her basket as only an almost one year old can. I, on the other hand, found my first egg and spent the rest of the time looking at it and trying to figure out how come it shines so much.
Here I am with my first and only egg of my first easter hunt.
Elizabeth was super nice and shared her treats with her Mommy. Aww!


Then it was time to head upstairs and check out their piano. Vanessa is learning to play really well and Elizabeth is sure learning from a pro. I saw Elizabeth using her fingers on the keys. Nope, it didn't rub off on me. I used my whole and and banged away with all my might, hoping Mommy would see how much I enjoyed this and investigate us getting a family piano. Hint, hint.
Here we are checking each other's talent out. We are amazing, let me tell you! And this is the lone picture with Vanessa all the way in the back. She's much taller close up.
See ya later parental units. We're off to the races! Go Elizabeth! Push faster! Hold on tight, you say? Thank goodness for Mommy and Elizabeth's Daddy.

I think it was for purely selfish reasons that Mommy put my in the bouncer. I strongly suspect that she wanted to tucker me out so she could ensure a smooth bedtime. You see, Elizabeth and Vanessa's parents were going to hang out with Mommy and Dean later in the evening and didn't want to worry about bad babies staying awake. Mission acccomplished! I had loads of fun and later that night so did they!

No comments: